PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller is a blend between general purpose PoKeys device and motor controller. The device is targeted primarily for controlling up to 8 STEP/DIR signal driven motors (stepper motors, servo drives, etc.) in various applications with the addition of powerful PoKeys device features. Device contains dedicated connectors for connections with motor drivers, pendants, (HD44780-compatible) LCD module, etc. In addition, 5 analog inputs with 12-bit resolution are available. The device also features four galvanically-isolated open-collector outputs and isolated 0 to 10 V analog output.
PoKeys57CNC – USB and Ethernet CNC controller
119,00 € excl. VAT & Shipping
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller is a blend between general purpose PoKeys device and motor controller.
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller is targeted primarily for controlling up to 8 STEP/DIR signal driven motors (stepper motors, servo drives, etc.) in various applications with the addition of powerful PoKeys device features. Device contains dedicated connectors for connections with motor drivers, pendants, (HD44780-compatible) LCD module, etc. In addition, 5 analog inputs with 12-bit resolution are available. The device also features four galvanically-isolated open-collector outputs and isolated 0 to 10 V analog output.
The device runs the PoIL core and is fully compatible with PoBlocks graphical programming software, bringing Programmable Logic Controller to a motor controller board. PoBlocks can be used to simply automate different peripherals and interchange data with other software applications that are using PoKeys57CNC device.
PoKeys USB products integrate support for virtual USB keyboard and USB joystick, which can be used to emulate a standard USB keyboard and joystick. Digital input pins can be mapped to virtual keyboard and joystick keys, while analog inputs can be mapped to virtual joystick axes. Configuration is simple by using our intuitive graphical PoKeys configuration application, where each function can also be tested.
A dedicated PoExtBus/PoNET connector can be used to extend the number of digital outputs for additional 80 outputs in the form of either relay outputs or open-collector outputs. It can also be used to connect various additional peripherals (e.g. PoKeysKBD48CNC pendant) and I2C sensors.
Features of the PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller:
- Supported by Mach4 and Mach3 PoKeys plugins
- Compatible with USB 1.1/2.0 HID standard,
- standard English USB keyboard simulation (with triggering support for up/down keys),
- standard USB joystick simulation (6 axes, 32 buttons with triggering support),
- Ethernet 10/100 with DHCP client or fixed IP support,
- TCP or UDP connection with the device,
- Modbus TCP support (access to digital IO, analog inputs, encoder values, digital counters values, PWM outputs, LCD display, PoExtBus devices, matrix keyboard status),
- web interface with newly designed dashboard and I/O status display with multiple user accounts,
- 28 digital inputs or outputs (software configurable) with pull-up resistors and available as virtual USB keyboard keys. There are additional 4 dedicated digital outputs,
- 5 analog inputs (12-bit) with digital low-pass filtering (4 analog inputs also include analog low-pass filter with 1.9 kHz cut-off frequency),
- multiple encoder pair inputs with three additional dedicated high-speed encoder and one ultra high-speed encoder inputs,
- digital counters on specific digital input pins,
- high performance 8-axis 125 kHz pulse engine with dedicated motor connectors,
- up to 16×8 matrix keyboard with triggered keys/alternate function support,
- up to 5 high-speed fully configurable PWM outputs (25MHz PWM timer) – two of them with open-collector transistor outputs,
- Dedicated connector for HD44780-based character LCD support (up to 4×20 characters),
- Dedicated connector for PoPendant1
- PoExtBus support for adding up to 10 external shift registers (e.g. PoExtBusOC16, PoExtBusRE, etc.),
- PoNET devices support (48-key CNC keyboard),
- fail-safe support in case of communication interruption,
- support for up to 100 sensors, that can be connected to I2C bus, 1-wire bus or on the general purpose analog inputs,
- intuitive and user-friendly software,
- third-party support via communication DLL library and extensive protocol specification document that allows porting to other systems.
- USB and Ethernet CNC controller
- Ethernet or USB connection between host computer and PoKeys57CNC device
- 6-26 V DC power supply with 2.5 W or more. Aditional peripherals connected to PoKeys57CNC needs more power.
- Included software requires Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 with .NET framework 3.5 installed
PoKeys software package contains:
- PoKeys configuration software
- PoKeys firmware
- PoKeys communication library
- PoKeys USB driver (for fast interface)
- PoBlocks graphical programming environment
- Programming examples for C++, C#, VB.NET, Delphi
Download PoKeys software in the ‘Downloads’ tab.
Tutorials and instructions on using PoKeys57CNC with Mach3 and Mach4
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller is compatible with Mach3 and Mach4 CNC software. Check the instructions below on how to prepare the PoKeys57CNC device for CNC operations.
USB driver, optional
USB driver, optional configuration software for advanced features
Check also the following blog posts:
- PoKeys tutorial – getting started with PoKeys57CNC
- USB CNC controller by your needs
- PoKeys USB and ethernet DAQ devices – comparison
- 5 reasons to switch your CNC from LPT to USB
- DIY vacuum table tutorial
- PoBlocks tutorial – Pulse engine, custom PoIL code
- Auggie – CNC machine controller software for PoKeys
Support for PoBlocks graphical programming software
Cross-platform PoKeys communication library is available at bitbucket.org: https://bitbucket.org/mbosnak/pokeyslib
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 cm|