PoKeys57CNC is 8 axis USB and Ethernet CNC controller.
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller can controll up to 8 axis CNC. Most of STEP/DIR signal driven motors such as stepper motors, servo drives, etc. can be used in various applications. Moreover it can execute all other powerful PoKeys device features in parallel. Device contains dedicated connectors for connections with motor drivers, pendants, (HD44780-compatible) LCD module, etc. In addition, 5 analog inputs with 12-bit resolution are available. The device also features four galvanically-isolated open-collector outputs and isolated 0 to 10 V analog output.
The device runs the PoIL core and is also compatible with PoBlocks graphical programming software. PoKeys57CNC is the only USB and Ethernet CNC controller with integrated Programmable Logic Controller. Thus simple automating different peripherals with PoBlocks is simple. Moreover it can interchange data with other software applications that are using PoKeys57CNC device.
PoKeys USB products integrate support for virtual USB keyboard and USB joystick. Consequently USB keyboard and joystick emulation is straightforward. Digital input pins can be mapped to virtual keyboard and joystick keys, while analog inputs can be mapped to virtual joystick axes. Configuration is simple by using our intuitive graphical PoKeys configuration application, where each function can also be tested.
On dedicated PoExtBus/PoNET connector it is possible to connect different extensions. Also various additional peripherals such as PoNetKBD48CNC, PoPendant1C, PoRelay8, PoExtBusOC16 and I2C sensors extend the functions of the PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller.
Features of the PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller:
- Supported by Mach4 and Mach3 PoKeys plugins
- Compatible with USB 1.1/2.0 HID standard,
- Besides standard English USB keyboard simulation (with triggering support for up/down keys) also USB joystick simulation (6 axes, 32 buttons with triggering support),
- Ethernet 10/100 with DHCP client or fixed IP support. TCP or UDP connection with the device,
- Modbus TCP support (access to digital IO, analog inputs, encoder values, digital counters values, PWM outputs, LCD display, PoExtBus devices and also matrix keyboard status),
- Web interface with dashboard and also I/O status display with multiple user accounts,
- 28 digital inputs or outputs (software configurable) with pull-up resistors. They are also available as virtual USB keyboard keys.
- 5 analog inputs (12-bit) with digital low-pass filtering (4 analog inputs also include analog low-pass filter with 1.9 kHz cut-off frequency),
- multiple encoder pair inputs with three additional dedicated high-speed encoder and one ultra high-speed encoder inputs,
- digital counters on specific digital input pins,
- high performance 8-axis 125 kHz pulse engine with dedicated motor connectors,
- up to 16×8 matrix keyboard with triggered keys/alternate function support,
- up to 5 high-speed fully configurable PWM outputs (25MHz PWM timer) – two of them with open-collector transistor outputs,
- 4 dedicated digital outputs,
- Isolated 0-10V output for spindle control, hence noise is isolated from controller,
- Dedicated connector for HD44780-based character LCD support (up to 4×20 characters),
- Dedicated connector for PoPendant1C
- PoExtBus orPoNET devices support for adding PoNetKBD48CNC, PoPendant1C, PoRelay8, PoExtBusOC16 and up to 100 I2C sensors
- fail-safe support in case of communication interruption,
- third-party support via communication DLL library. Because of extensive protocol specification porting to other systems is straightforward.
- Ethernet or USB connection between host computer and PoKeys57CNC
- 6-26 V DC power supply with 2.5 W or more. More power is required if aditional peripherals are connected to PoKeys57CNC device.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 with .NET framework 3.5 or newer installed
PoKeys software package contains:
- PoKeys configuration software
- PoKeys firmware
- PoKeys communication library
- User manual
- PoKeys USB driver for fast interface
- PoBlocks graphical programming environment
- Programming examples for C++, C#, VB.NET, Delphi
Download PoKeys software in the ‘Downloads’ tab.
Tutorials and instructions on using PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller with Mach3 and Mach4
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller is compatible with Mach3 and also with Mach4 CNC software. Check the instructions below on how to prepare the PoKeys57CNC device for CNC operations.
USB driver, optional
USB driver, optional configuration software for advanced features
Check also the following blog posts:
- PoKeys tutorial – getting started with PoKeys57CNC
- USB CNC controller by your needs
- PoKeys USB and ethernet DAQ devices – comparison
- 5 reasons to switch your CNC from LPT to USB
- DIY vacuum table tutorial
- PoBlocks tutorial – Pulse engine, custom PoIL code
- Auggie – CNC machine controller software for PoKeys
Support for PoBlocks graphical programming software
Cross-platform PoKeys communication library is available at bitbucket.org: https://bitbucket.org/mbosnak/pokeyslib