PoStep60-256 is 6 A and 256 microsteps configurable Stepper Motor Driver
The PoStep60-256 stepper motor driver incorporates advanced stepper motor controller and external N-channel MOSFETs. Because of great flexibility, it can drive a bipolar stepper motor or two brushed DC motors. An integrated micro-stepping indexer is capable of step modes from full step to 1/256 step. Adaptive blanking time and various current decay modes, including an auto-mixed decay mode, are available in the settings. Thus ultra-smooth motion profile can be achieved.
A standard step/direction or PWM interfaces allow for easy interfacing to controller circuits. All running parameters (output current (torque), micro stepping, step mode, decay mode…) can be set over USB. Furthermore, storing of all parameters for standalone operation is possible to onboard non-volatile memory. It features over current protection, short circuit protection, under voltage lockout and over temperature internal shutdown to protect the stepper motor driver and the motor. These fault modes are indicated using the fault LED, while additional information is available in configuration software for detailed fault analysis.
- Up to 6.0 A phase current, making the driver appropriate also for bigger motors
- Simple current, microstep and other settings adjustable from software via USB
- Can be fully controlled over ModBus
- Basic settings over I2C from PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC controller
- Compatible with 4, 6, and 8 wire stepper motors of any voltage
- Power supply: +10 VDC to +50 VDC
- 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 and 256 micro-stepping adjustable in software
- Mixed decay mode for smoother motion and low power consumption
- 3,3 V and 5 V logic compatible isolated inputs
- 250 kHz Max Step Rate
- 0 °C To 70 °C Operating Temperature
- Power, VM, Status, Fault and Stal LED indicators for fast diagnostics
- On board temperature sensor for precise temperature measurement
- Improved thermal management for reliable operation without heatsink
- Motor control directly from USB (without motion controller) for motor setup testing
- Compact size: 54 mm X 75 mm
Configuration software and user manual are available in the downloads section.
Check for driver’s new feature MODBUS description here.