USB to RS-232 , USB to UART serial converter – PoUSB12C
The PoUSB12C is a USB to serial UART (RS-232) bridge converter in a highly compact from factor, designed for reliability and ease of use. It utilizes a USB-C type connector to connect to your PC and is based on CP2102N USB to serial bridge from Silicon Labs. It has an internal power supply with on-chip 3.3V regulator for convenience. The signals are 3.3V logic level so it can be used with popular ARM architecture microcontrollers without logic level converters. The number of data and stop bits is very flexible and supported baudrates are up to 3Mbps which is the highest in the industry.
The PoUSB12C USB to RS-232 has 8 pin 2,54 mm (0.1″) pitch connector for UART periphery and provides the user with multi baud rate serial data and access to USB control signals in a convenient package. The device is supported on Windows, Mac, Linux and also Android due to the virtual COM port drivers. The converter automatically manages the requests from USB host and commands for controlling the UART functions which simplifies the development effort and firmware. PoUSB12C also supports the RS485 standard and has an additional pin for transmit/receive (driver/receive enable) selection.
- USB 2.0 compliant full-speed device (12Mbps maximum speed).
- Suspend supported.
- Xon/Xoff handshaking supported (300bps to 3Mbps).
- UART supports 5-8 bit data, 1-2 Stop bits, odd/even and no parity.
- Integrated EEPROM for Vendor ID, product ID, serial and release number.
- On-chip 3.3V regulator available with power on reset circuit.
- USB powered.
- TX and RX signal levels are between 0V and 3.3V.
- Temperature range: -40 to +85 °C.
- Small size: 19mm x 11mm x 4mm.
- Virtual COM port drivers for Windows, Linux and MACOS.
A highly compact PoUSB12C RS-232, UART serial converter is a convenient solution for adding a USB connection to your device. Like PoUSBisoN, it is universal USB solution.